Psikhologicheskie Issledovaniya • ISSN 2075-7999
peer-reviewed • open access journal

Pogozhina I.N. A study of the nature of the relationships between the operational structures levels of logical thinking under transfer from preoperational stage of thinking development to concrete-operational

Full text in Russian: Погожина И.Н. Исследование характера взаимосвязей между уровнями развития операциональных структур системы логического мышления при переходе от дооперационального к конкретно-операциональному этапу развития
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia

About author
Suggested citation

The goal of the study is to identify the nature of the relationships between the operational structures levels of logical thinking under transfer from preoperational stage of thinking development to concrete-operational. To diagnose the operational structures levels there are used the classical methods by Piaget. We compared the stage of the development of logical operations, classification, seriation, conservation principle understanding, the ability to decentration by 128 subjects (4,1–7,6 years old). The statistically significant positive correlations between the ability to decentration, the logical operations of classification, seriation, conservation principle understanding are found out. We make an assumption that the concrete-operational structures have a similar set of components, for this reason the appearance of the subject of the new content in the operational system and its inclusion in the structure increase the level of its development. The schemes of experimental tests of the existence of internal causal relationships between the elements of the operational system of the subject were suggested.

Keywords: postnonclassical determination model, inherent functioning and development laws, logical thinking, classification, seriation, conservation principle understanding, decentration, Piaget

References

Astakhova I.V. Master’s thesis. Mos. gos. universitet, Moscow, 2000. (in Russian)

Astakhova I.V., Pogozhina I.N. Vestnik Mos. gos. universiteta. Ser. 14, Psikhologiya, 2003, No. 3, 52–61. (in Russian)

Baron J., Lawson G., Siegel L. Effects of training and set size on children’s judgments of number and length. Developmental Psychology, 1975, 11(5), 583–588.

Barybin A.A., Korlyakov A.V. Neravnovesnaya termodinamika: ucheb.-metod. kompleks. St. Petersburg: LETI, 2011. (in Russian)

Bloom B.S., Hastings J.T., Madaus G.F. Handbook on formative and summative evaluation of student learning. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 1971. Ch. 13.

Brainerd C.J. Learning research and Piagetian theory. In L.S. Siegel, C.J. Brainerd (Eds.), Alternatives to Piaget: Critical essays on the theory. New York, NY: Academic Press, 1978. pp. 69–109.

Burmenskaya G.V. Extended abstract of PhD dissertation (Psychology). Moscow, 1978. (in Russian)

Field D. Can preschool children really learn to conserve? Child Development, 1981, 52(2), 326–334.

Flavell J.H. Geneticheskaya psikhologiya Zhana Piazhe. Moscow: Prosveshchenie, 1967. (in Russian)

Knyazeva E.N., Kurdyumov S.P. Voprosy Filosofii, 1992, No. 12, 3–20. (in Russian)

Lawson G.Y., Flavell J.H. Verbal factors in compensation performance and the relation between conservation and compensation. Child Development, 1970, 41(4), 965–977.

Lyui G. Master’s thesis. Mos. gos. universitet, Moscow, 2006. (in Russian)

Nikolis G., Prigozhin I. Samoorganizatsiya v neravnovesnykh sistemakh: Ot dissipativnykh struktur k uporyadochennosti cherez fluktuatsii. Moscow: Mir, 1979. (in Russian)

Obukhova L.F. Etapy razvitiya detskogo myshleniya (formirovanie elementov nauchnogo myshleniya u rebenka). Moscow: Mos. gos. universitet, 1972. (in Russian)

Obukhova L.F. Kontseptsiya Zhana Piazhe: za i protiv. Moscow: Mos. gos. universitet, 1981. (in Russian)

Perre-Klermon A.-N. Rol' sotsial'nykh vzaimodeistvii v razvitii intellekta detei. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1991. (in Russian)

Piaget J. Izbrannye psikhologicheskie trudy. Moscow: Mezhdunarodnaya pedagogicheskaya akademiya, 1994. (in Russian)

Piaget J., Inhelder B. The child’s conception of space. New York, NY: W.W.Norton, 1967.

Piaget J., Inhelder B. Psikhologiya rebenka. St. Petersburg: Piter, 2003. (in Russian)

Prigozhin I. Voprosy filosofii, 1991, No. 6, 46–57. (in Russian)

Roll S. Reversibility training and stimulus desirability as factors in compensation of numbers. Child Development, 1970, 41(2), 501–507.

Sachkov Yu.V. Filosofiya nauki. Vol. 7: Formirovanie sovremennoi estestvennonauchnoi paradigmy. Moscow: Institut filosofii RAN, 2001. pp. 148–175. (in Russian)

Sonstrem E. In: J. Bruner (Ed.), Issledovanie razvitiya poznavatel'noi deyatel'nosti. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1971. pp. 251–271. (in Russian)

Stepin V.S. (Ed.). Novaya filosofskaya entsiklopediya. Moscow: Mysl', 2010. Vol. 1–4. (in Russian)

Stepin V.S. Istoriya i filosofiya nauki. Moscow: Akademicheskii proekt, 2011. (in Russian)

Vyakkerev F.F. (Ed.). Ob"ektivnaya dialektika. Moscow: Mysl', 1981. Vol. 1. (in Russian)

Zimmerman B.J., Rosenthal T.L. Conserving and retaining equalities and in equalities through observation and correction. Developmental Psychology, 1974, 10(2), 260–268.

Received 15 April 2015. Date of publication: 29 December 2015.

About author

Pogozhina Irina N. Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Psychology of Education and Pedagogics, Faculty of Psychology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, ul. Mokhovaya, 11/9, 125009 Moscow, Russia.
E-mail: Этот адрес электронной почты защищен от спам-ботов. У вас должен быть включен JavaScript для просмотра.

Suggested citation

Pogozhina I.N. A study of the nature of the relationships between the operational structures levels of logical thinking under transfer from preoperational stage of thinking development to concrete-operational. Psikhologicheskie Issledovaniya, 2015, Vol. 8, No. 44, p. 8. http://psystudy.ru (in Russian, abstr. in English).

Permanent URL: http://psystudy.ru/index.php/eng/2015-vol-8-issue-44/1224-pogozhina44e.html

Back to top >>