Psikhologicheskie Issledovaniya • ISSN 2075-7999
peer-reviewed • open access journal

Dubinsky A.A., Bulygina V.G. Features of the relationship of the perception of illness and the autobiographical memory of patients with schizophrenia who committed socially dangerous acts

Full text in Russian: Дубинский А.А, Булыгина В.Г. Особенности взаимосвязи внутренней картины болезни и автобиографической памяти у больных шизофренией, совершивших общественно опасные действия
Serbsky National Research Centre for Social and Forensic Psychiatry of Ministry of Health, Moscow, Russia

About authors
Suggested citation

The article presents the results of a study of the features of the relationship of the internal picture of illness and the autobiographical memory of patients with schizophrenia who committed socially dangerous acts. The experimental group consisted of 17 males undergoing compulsory treatment in Orel PBSTIN who have history severe offending. The comparison group consisted of 17 patients with schizophrenia without a criminal history, receiving treatment in general psychiatry hospital. All patients were interviewed by instruments which diagnose the internal picture of illness and the autobiographical memory: questionnaires «function of autobiographical memory»,  «type of attitude to the disease», «SCL–90–R» (Symptom Checklist–90–Revised), «BIDR»  to adapt Osin, as well as methods of «life line» and «metaphor of the past». The specific relationship of the types of attitude to the disease and perceived distress from symptoms with the peculiarities of functioning of autobiographical memory were revealed in the group of schizophrenic patients with a criminal history. It was found that this group of patients characterized by the predominance of negative perceptions of past experience, as well as the fragmentation of the attitude to the disease with the low awareness and the signification of their own symptoms, that is associated with a lower contribution to the mediation of ideas about the disease of functional constructs of autobiographical memory. It was found that by the greater severity of perceived distress from symptoms and/or less realistic and adaptive types of attitude to the disease, there are noted the fewer opportunities for realistic consciousness with reduced autobiographical memory mediation of ideas about disease. This is found out the tendency to the high level of social desirability that is associated with the severity of distress from perceived symptoms and maladaptive attitude to the disease, for which the intersubjective aggressive response is typical.

Keywords: perception of illness, autobiographical memory, socially dangerous acts, compliance, self-consciousness, schizophrenia

References

Bulygina V.G., Kazakovtsev B.A., Makushkina O.A. Sub"ektivnye otsenki i reabilitatsionnyi potentsial kak faktory snizheniya riska nasiliya: metod. rekomendatsii. Moscow: GNTsSSP im.V.P.Serbskogo Minzdrava Rossii, 2014a. (in Russian)

Bulygina V.G., Makushkina O.A., Belyakova M.Yu. Rossiiskii psikhiatricheskii zhurnal, 2014b, No. 4, 4–10. (in Russian)

Bulygina V.G., Makushkina O.A., Belyakova M.Yu. Rossiiskii psikhiatricheskii zhurnal, 2014c, No. 5, 4–9. (in Russian)

Derogatis L.R. Symptom Checklist–90–R: administration, scoring and procedures manual. Minneapolis: National Computer Systems, 1994.

Irzhevskaya V.P. PhD dissertation (Psychology). Mosk. gos. universitet, Moscow, 2009. (in Russian)

Khan'ko A.V. PhD dissertation. Vserossiiskii tsentr ekstrennoi i radiatsionnoi meditsiny im.A.M.Nikiforova MChS Rossii, St. Petersburg, 2014. (in Russian)

Kondrat'ev F.V., Veligorskii A.V. In: Voprosy reabilitatsii psikhicheski bol'nykh, sovershivshikh OOD: sbornik nauchnykh trudov. Moscow: VNIIOSP im.V.P.Serbskogo, 1989. pp. 26–34. (in Russian)

Kukoleva I.I. In: Klinicheskii aspekt samosoznaniya pri psikhicheskikh zabolevaniyakh v svyazi s voprosami diagnostiki, lecheniya i reabilitatsii: sbornik nauchnykh trudov. Kuibyshev: Kuibyshevskii gos. universitet, 1982. pp. 4–7. (in Russian)

Lichko A.E., Ivanov N.Ya. Zhurnal nevrologii i psikhiatrii im. C.C.Korsakova, 1980, No. 8, 1195–1198. (in Russian)

Nelyubina A.S. PhD dissertation (Psychology). Moscow State University, Moscow, 2009. (in Russian)

Nikolaeva V.V. PhD dissertation (Psychology). Moscow State University, Moscow, 1992. (in Russian)

Nurkova V.V. PhD dissertation (Psychology). Moscow State University, Moscow, 1998. (in Russian)

Nurkova V.V. PhD dissertation (Psychology). Moscow State University, Moscow, 2009. (in Russian)

Nurkova V.V. Mir psikhologii, 2004, No. 2, 77–87. (in Russian)

Nurkova V.V. Svershennoe prodolzhaetsya: Psikhologiya avtobiograficheskoi pamyati lichnosti. Moscow: URAO, 2000. (in Russian)

Osin E.N. In: D.A. Leontiev (Ed.), Lichnostnyi potentsial: struktura i diagnostika. Moscow: Smysl, 2011. pp. 454–468. (in Russian)

Panteleeva G.P., Belyaev B.S. Zhurnal nevrologii i psikhiatrii im.C.C.Korsakova, 1984, No. 1, 63–69. (in Russian)

Paulhus D.L. Manual for the Balanced Inventory of Desirable Responding. Toronto: Multi–Health Systems, 1998.

Tattan T., Greed F.H. Negative symptoms of schizophrenia and compliance with medication. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 2001, Vol. 1, 149–155.

Tkhostov A.Sh. PhD dissertation (Psychology). Moscow State University, Moskva, 1991. (in Russian)

Tkhostov A.Sh.  In: Psikhologicheskaya diagnostika otnosheniya k bolezni pri nervno-psikhicheskoi i somaticheskoi patologii: sbornik nauchnykh trudov. Leningrad: Pcikhonevrol. institut im.V.M.Bekhtereva, 1990. pp. 32–38. (in Russian)

Vasilevskaya K.N. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie, 2008, No. 4, 101–110. (in Russian)

Vasserman L.I., Iovlev B.V., Karpova E.B. Psikhologicheskaya diagnostika otnosheniya k bolezni. St. Petersburg: Psikhonevrol. institut im.V.M.Bekhtereva, 2005. (in Russian)

Vid V.D. Psikhoterapiya shizofrenii. St. Petersburg: Piter, 2008. (in Russian)

Zayakin Yu.Yu. PhD dissertation (Medicine). Kazan. gos. universitet, Kazan, 2004. (in Russian)

Received 25 June 2015. Date of publication: 27 December 2015.

About authors

Dubinsky Alexander A. Junior Research Associate, Laboratory of Psychological Problems Forensic Psychiatric Prevention, Serbsky National Research Centre for Social and Forensic Psychiatry of Ministry of Health, Kropotkinsky per., 23, 119991 Moscow, Russia.
Е–mail: aleksandr–Этот адрес электронной почты защищен от спам-ботов. У вас должен быть включен JavaScript для просмотра.

Bulygina Vera G. PhD, Associate Professor, Head of the Laboratory of Psychological Problems of Forensic Psychiatric Prevention, Serbsky National Research Centre for Social and Forensic Psychiatry of Ministry of Health, Kropotkinsky per., 23, 119991 Moscow, Russia.
Е–mail: Этот адрес электронной почты защищен от спам-ботов. У вас должен быть включен JavaScript для просмотра.

Suggested citation

Dubinsky A.A., Bulygina V.G. Features of the relationship of the perception of illness and the autobiographical memory of patients with schizophrenia who committed socially dangerous acts. Psikhologicheskie Issledovaniya, 2015, Vol. 8, No. 44, p. 9. http://psystudy.ru (in Russian, abstr. in English).

Permanent URL: http://psystudy.ru/index.php/eng/2015-vol-8-issue-44/1225-dubinsky44e.html

Back to top >>

Related Articles